About Cameron L. Hyder
Integrity – Experience – Results
From Carter County to the State Attorney General’s Office to the TN Court of Criminal Appeals and Tennessee Supreme Court, Attorney Cameron L. Hyder has represented clients with passion, integrity, and a dedication to pursuing the best results under the law. Put his long history of diverse experience to work when you need legal representation in Johnson City and throughout Northeast Tennessee.
Cameron L. Hyder – Attorney at Law
8th Generation Carter Countian native Cameron L. Hyder practiced law throughout the 1st and 2nd Judicial Districts in 2005 and 2006. Afterward, Hyder was appointed Assistant State Attorney General in the Criminal Justice Division with the Tennessee Attorney General and Reporter’s Office. Mr. Hyder continued his career in Nashville, arguing over 550 cases before the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals and the Tennessee Supreme Court.
In 2008, Hyder began teaching as an Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice, Criminal Law, and the Appellate Process. In 2012, he was appointed Legal Director of the Appeals and Hearing Division within the Tennessee Department of Human Services, where he led a division of 28 Administrative Law Judges.
Attorney Cameron Hyder returned to Northeast Tennessee in March 2013, returning to his roots and passion for trial law. The Hyder Law Firm serves Johnson City and Northeast Tennessee, and some cases in Nashville, in personal injury law, family law, criminal law, estate planning, and Social Security disability.
Mr. Hyder has been featured on ABC’s 20/20 and Nancy Grace on HLN and in James Patterson’s True Crime Thrillers novel Murder Thy Neighbor, which unravels the story of the Mountain City, TN, social media murders. Johnson City Lawyer Cameron Hyder is a featured guest lecturer at Criminal Law Symposiums on the collegiate level.
- Milligan College, B.S. Business Administration
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law – University of Memphis, J.D.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Tennessee, 2004
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee 2005
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2006
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Colonel Aide de Camp, Governor’s Staff
- 2008 HOBY Superior Leadership Seminar Award
- 2009 HOBY Superior Leadership Seminar Award
- 2009 Nashville Young Leaders Council, Class 52
- 2010 HOBY Superior Leadership Seminar Award
- 2010 Nashville Emerging Leader Nominee
- 2010 EDC Fashion For Everybody “Role Model”
- 2011 Teaching Excellence in Criminal Justice Award
- 2011 Co-Chair An Evening for 65 Roses
- 2012 Co-Chair Yazoo Brew and Our Kids, Too
- 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2015-2023 Mid-South Super Lawyers
Professional and Community Activities
- Carter County, Tennessee Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- TN Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Foundation
- Corporate Board Member-At-Large
- Past President
- Leadership Seminar Co-Chair
- Red Legacy Recovery, Past Board Member
- Johnson City Area Arts Council, Past Board Member
- 1st Judicial District Local Rules Committee
- Our Kids Center, Past Board Member
- Executive Committee Member-At-Large
- Middle Tennessee Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Past Board Member
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Past Board Intern
- Walters State Community College Paralegal Studies Advisory Committee
Why Choose Hyder Law Office?
Few attorneys have the experience and appellate background of Attorney Cameron Hyder, with more than 550 appeals between 2006 and 2012 alone. He also has experience in the Eastern, Middle, and Western District Courts of Tennessee and the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. His experience in local, state, and federal courts makes him uniquely qualified to pursue your case on multiple levels.
You want successful results from your lawyer – and you want to know what is possible. Cameron Hyder pursues every case with dogged determination and a tenacious pursuit of justice. Your rights are protected, and he works to gain the most favorable results possible in every situation. Mediation, negotiation, litigation – every course of action is on the table.
Mr. Hyder is an 8th-generation Carter Countian and was raised in Elizabethton / Carter County and was educated at Milligan College and the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law – University of Memphis. His extensive statewide connections and experience are rooted here in Northeast TN. Cameron L. Hyder’s new office in Johnson City places him conveniently within a wide range of clients and courts to better serve you.
Connect with Us in Johnson City
Attorney Cameron L. Hyder and his team are ready now to meet you and begin working on your case. Call us today at 423-631-0327 and schedule a confidential consultation at our 605 East Unaka Avenue office in Johnson City. Tell us about your needs and get helpful advice on your next steps.